Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Working on a T-shirt quilt!

Well, I am starting to get in the swing of things now that school has settled in.  It has been one hectic ride!  My son is playing varsity football, so I am keeping busy with traveling to games the past 2 weeks.  It has been lots of fun watching the boys play.  I haven't used the sewing studio much since school started, but I am going to make more time to work on projects.  I have T-shirts cut out for a quilt, and I have some beautiful batik fabric for the sashing.  It will not be the normal sashing with cornerstones, because the recipient is not a traditional quilt girl!  It will be a scrappy sort of look, so it is requiring some calculations on my part!  I think it will turn out just great.  I will post pictures of my progress!

I have spent the last 2 weeks canning and freezing fresh vegetables.  Corn was frozen last week, and this week I made homemade pasta sauce and salsa.  I will surely appreciate the fresh tastes this winter!  What have you been doing?  Got the creative juices flowing?  Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment